Our COVID-19 safety measures
Good to Go!
We have been awarded the VisitBritain ‘Good to Go’ industry charter mark.
That means our site meets the Government and public health guidance on COVID-19 and that we have all the required health and safety processes in place to safely reopen.
What to expect from your visit
Health and safety remains our top priority. Visiting Anglesey Sea Zoo will be a little different to before, and we have reviewed how we operate every single part to make sure that you still have a memorable and safe visit whist maintaining the utmost safety for you, our visitors, our staff and our community.
Some things will be new to all and we are working towards a pre-booking ticket system to help manage visitor numbers, but in the meantime we are carefully monitoring our visitor numbers indoors and across the site.
More details on our plans can be found below. Please remember that plans may
change as we continue to follow Government guidance - we'll update you if anything changes!
Before you visit
- Please check our website and social media pages for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash, where possible.
- Face masks are mandatory in public indoor spaces and shops in Wales from Monday September 14th 2020 onwards. They are not required for children under the age of 11 or for people with certain health conditions and/or disabilities.
- Please refrain from visiting our attraction should
you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 (fever, cough, loss of or changes to smell or taste)
When you arrive
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity of our attraction to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience. We recommend you reserve a bit more time for waiting to get in and getting around the aquarium, particularly on rainy days when it can get busy.
- Please sign in or check yourself in using the NHS COVID-19 app to help with Test & Trace.
- If you arrive by car, please follow all instructions regarding parking arrangements.
- You will see signage demonstrating key safety messages and instructions across the site.
- The aquarium is marked with social distancing markers and has one-way access through.
are offering additional interactive outdoor activities throughout the
day due to our reduced capacity indoors - ask our staff for more details!
- We have introduced clear markers and new signs to allow for social distancing.
are available for one family at a time - please take this into account
when you arrive. We recommend you use them when you come in as the
aquarium will be one-way access only.
- All indoor dining areas are available from 3rd August onwards. We have provided ample outdoor covered seating areas across the site which are carefully placed to ensure social distancing for all our visitors ordering food or drink from our licensed Rockpool Cafe.
- The adventure playground is available from Monday July 20th.
- We are constantly monitoring the capacity within our indoor facilities including the gift shop and aquarium and may need to restrict access to them on busy days. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing and we appreciate our visitors' patience.
- We have installed new hygiene screens throughout the aquarium and at our service counters to help keep a safe distance between visitors and employees.
- We have installed a large number of hand sanitiser dispensers around the aquarium and we would like to encourage all our guests to use these and the hand washing facilities provided as regularly as possible whilst on site.
- We politely request that all our visitors assist us by following all COVID-19 safety guidelines themselves and that all adults take full responsibility for ensuring that all children in their care follow our guidelines too.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon…. The Sea Zoo Team