Our COVID-19 safety measures
Good to Go!
We’re delighted to have been awarded the VisitBritain ‘Good to Go’ industry charter mark.
That means our site meets the Government and public health guidance on COVID-19 and that we have all the required health and safety processes in place to safely reopen from July 6th onwards.
What to expect from your visit
Health and safety remains our top priority. Visiting Anglesey Sea Zoo will be a little different to before, and during our phased reopening we have reviewed how we operate every single part to make sure that you still have a memorable and safe visit whist maintaining the utmost safety for you, our visitors, our staff and our community.
Some things will be new to all and we are working towards a pre-booking ticket system to help manage visitor numbers, but in the meantime we are carefully monitoring our visitor numbers indoors and across the site.
More details on our plans can be found below, and please remember
this is just the first stage of our phased reopening in line with the
gradual relaxing of Welsh Government lockdown restrictions. Plans may
change slightly as we continue to follow Government guidance.
Before you visit
- Please check our website and social media pages for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash, where possible.
- Face masks are mandatory in Wales from Monday September 14th 2020 onwards. Face masks are not required for children under the age of 11 or for people with certain health conditions and/or disabilities.
- Please refrain from visiting our attraction should
you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
When you arrive
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity of our attraction to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience. We recommend you reserve a bit more time for waiting to get in and getting around the aquarium, particularly on rainy days when it can get busy.
- If you arrive by car, please follow all instructions regarding parking arrangements.
- You will see new signage demonstrating key safety messages and instructions across the site.
- The aquarium is marked with social distancing markers and has one-way access through.
are offering additional interactive outdoor activities throughout the
day to cater for our visitors who have additional waiting time outside
the aquarium due to our reduced capacity indoors.
- We have introduced clear markers and new signs to allow for social distancing within queues.
are available for one family at a time - please take this into account
when you arrive. We recommend you use them when you come in as the
aquarium will be one-way access only.
- All indoor dining areas are available from 3rd August onwards. We have provided ample outdoor covered seating areas across the site which are carefully placed to ensure social distancing for all our visitors ordering food or drink from our licensed Rockpool Cafe.
- The adventure playground is available from Monday July 20th.
- We are constantly monitoring the capacity within our indoor facilities including the gift shop and aquarium. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- We have installed new hygiene screens throughout the aquarium and at our service counters to help keep a safe distance between visitors and employees.
- We have installed a large number of hand sanitiser dispensers around the aquarium and we would like to encourage all our guests to use these and the hand washing facilities provided as regularly as possible whilst on site.
- We politely request that all our visitors assist us by following all COVID-19 safety guidelines themselves and that all adults take full responsibility for ensuring that all children in their care follow our guidelines too.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon…. The Sea Zoo Team