Currently available vacancies:
Full Time Cook (Part time position also available)
Seasonal Shop and Cafe staff
See below for details!
We are currently looking for a full time Café Manager / Cook to join our current team. We are looking for someone with a flexible approach, who can adapt to changes and contribute to our warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Experience of a busy kitchen is preferred. Full training will be given.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Cooking meals
- Preparing specials board
- Ensuring café complies with HACCP regulations and the correct implementation of cleaning rotas and closing down procedures are adhered to.
- Manage Staff Rota and Supervise Staff
- Assist with serving customers, cash handling and clearing tables.
- Ensure effective control of stock purchasing
- Ensuring minimum wastage and to ensure all menus are costed accurately.
- Monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
- Ensure quality control measures and hygiene systems are achieved at all times.
- Maintain all equipment within the catering operation through due care and diligence. Ensuring engineer call outs for all repairs on catering equipment are effectively managed ensuring the best life of all kitchen equipment.
- Ensure staff are trained in accordance with their line of responsibility, including work methods, safety at work, health, hygiene and quality.
- Ensure all staff are trained to Basic food hygiene level as a minimum so they
- can assist in food preparation.
- Customer complaints are swiftly dealt with and feedback with explanations to your line manager.
- Experience in managing people
- Ability to cope under pressure, in a calm and efficient manner to set deadlines
- Previous experience demonstrating good management and effective co- ordination of a kitchen / food service team
- Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen and front of house
- HACCP management experience
- Food safety Qualification minimum Level 2
- Stock taking experience
- Menu costing experience
- Willing to work flexible hours as regular weekend and Bank Holiday work is required
The ability to communicate effectively in Welsh is desirable.
Please send your CV to email@example.com.
For more information please contact Kayte on the email above.
Full time cook
We are currently looking for a cook to join our current team. We are looking for someone with a flexible approach, who can adapt to changes and contribute to our warm and welcoming atmosphere. You will be required to work on your own initiative and help manage a small team.
Experience of a busy kitchen is preferred and ideally you will hold Food Hygiene Level 2 - training will be given.
You will be required to prepare hot and cold meals, hands on cooking and kitchen management tasks. You will also be required to assist with serving customers, cash handling and clearing tables.
5 days a week - Mon - Sun.
Part Time position also available.
We are also recruiting for part time/seasonal shop and cafe assistants.
Please send CVs and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Kayte Lloyd-Hughes, Anglesey Sea Zoo, Brynsiencyn, Anglesey, LL61 6TQ
Any vacancies in the aquarium will be advertised on this page, as well as on our Facebook page and Twitter. To apply for a job in the aquarium, in the Café or in the Gift Shop, please contact email@example.com (Shop & Cafe jobs) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Aquarium jobs).
For information on seasonal vacancies in the Café or Gift Shop, please contact site manager Kayte Lloyd-Hughes on email@example.com.